Evanston is leading efforts in youth tobacco prevention by becoming the first community in the state to make recommendations to the City Council to raise the age of purchase, use and possession of tobacco and nicotine related products from 18 to 21. This month, Evanston’s Human Services committee unanimously voted to recommend that the city increases its age limit, as other states nationwide have seen smoking rates among high school students cut in half once the ordinance is adopted. Read more in Evanston Now.
- Alcohol Coalition Meeting March 22, 2018 at 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Evanston Public Library, 1703 Orrington Ave, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
- ESAP Meeting April 3, 2018 at 9:00 am – 10:30 am Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center, 2100 Ridge Ave, Evanston, IL 60201, USA Rm: 2402
- Your Actions Matter April 5, 2018 at 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm Evanston, IL, USA Join us for a city-wide event!
- Tobacco Committee Meeting April 19, 2018 at 9:00 am – 10:00 am Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center, 2100 Ridge Ave, Evanston, IL 60201, USA Room 2402
- Help prevent youth marijuana use. ow.ly/W3WP30iZgvE 22 hours ago
- #MondayMotivation Every day is a new day to start over. Make today great! 🙃🙂 1 day ago
- Lessons learned from Colorado: DO NOT LEGALIZE MARIJUANA IN ILLINOIS oklahoman.com/article/557197… 1 day ago